Sunday, April 13, 2008

Response to Ethical Lapses Article...

I thought this article really demonstrated the ripple effect that an ethical lapse can create, no matter what its size. Seventy-three percent of workers have encountered ethical lapses on the job according to this survey. I did not realize that ethical lapses were that prevalent. I am not surprised for the reasoning of why employees do not report these lapses. I am not sure how I would handle such a situation. It was almost even when it came to either reporting to company management and handling it yourself. Personally, I would report to company management because there is a thin line between right and wrong in such a situation. I would not want to be associated with having anything to do with the situation.

I never thought about how an ethical lapse may affect even those who are not directly involved. I believe now that it has a tremendous effect on work productivity and employee relations.

No comments: