Sunday, February 17, 2008

Cover Letter Feedback

After reading the advice given on cover letters, I agree with most all of the advice given here. I honestly knew nothing about cover letters before I read this advice. Absolutely nothing. I did not even know they existed so this was a very beneficial read for me. I wish I would have had this information sooner. I feel that a cover letter can give me a huge boost in the job/internship market.

The only point that I may disagree or feel uncomfortable with more so, is the section on the postscript technique. It just seems out of flow to me and I would be afraid that whoever is reading it may not understand. I also feel like handwriting it seems last minute and that I was too lazy to type it up and print another cover letter.

The most useful tutorial to me is definitely the sample cover letter. I learn well by example and especially with visuals. Although it was explained in earlier tutorials how and what to write in a cover letter, I was really hoping for a sample one. I was glad to have it and bookmarked the entire section. The section about testimonials was interesting to read as well, I never gave it a thought previously but it is actually a great idea for someone else to speak of you other than yourself.

I plan to use all of this information when writing my cover letter for my mock interview. This eases my mind a great deal. I will also definitely use the cover letter checklist before pulling it all together.

No comments: