Sunday, February 10, 2008

Interview Articles..

The first article I read was "It's Your Turn: What to Ask an Interviewer." I chose this article because this is something I have always wondered about. I have never known what to ask and what was even appropriate. I like how they broke the article up in the recruiter, the hiring manager, the executive, and the coworker. I have been interviewed by different people in different positions so this is a great way to organize the article. I never really thought to ask only certain people certain questions (besides the obvious). I wish I had this article sooner! I paid special attention to questions to ask the future boss because this is the case of the internship I am trying to get this summer. I have gone to one interview and wish I had asked more questions. But, I will hopefully be back.

The second article I read was “How to Answer the Toughest Interview Questions.” I read this article and realized that I had been asked all these questions at one time or another. The one I was especially glad to see was the salary question. This one makes me the most uncomfortable; I never know how to approach it. This article allowed me to tweak some answers I have originally replied with in an interview.

I learned the basics of an interview. I actually added this page to my favorites bar because I feel like it is very valuable. My biggest issue I have at interview time is my nerves so hopefully this will ease my mind for the mock interview and following real interviews.

No comments: