Sunday, March 2, 2008

Mock Interview Reflection...

Last Wednesday I had my mock interview with Mrs. Rogers. I was extremely nervous beforehand, as though it was a real interview for a real job. I always get like that though so I was not surprised.
I thought the interview was a great idea, I only wish I had it available to me sooner in my college career. The critique of my resume and cover letter was the most helpful. I was not sure where they both stood so this made me feel more secure and comfortable when I give them to a potential employer. I feel like I did not do my best when it came to answering questions, I was flustered and so nervous. I need a way to get over that! Also, I interviewed with the company I want to intern for over Christmas break but I have to check in with them tomorrow and Mrs. Rogers informed me of the best way to do it which was very helpful.

I wish I would have received more tips on the actual interview like what to say and how to say it. Public speaking has always been tough for me so I take whatever help I can get! I hope this mock interview will help me with the next so I can continute to improve..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you did fine, especially since you mention you were nervous. But since you asked, here's a site that helps with answering interview questions: http://jobsearch.about.com/od/interviewquestionsanswers/a/interviewquest.htmquestions . Hope that helps in the future! =o)